Help your primary and secondary students to learn about their consumer and financial rights.
Resources for Years 5 to 10 have been mapped to the National Consumer and Financial Literacy Framework and the Australian curriculum.
The units of work cover topics such as:
- Different ways to pay for goods and services
- The importance of personal money management
- Understanding how markets work
- Advertising and market pressures to consume
- Sustainable consumption
- How to identify common scams and avoid them
- Understanding how business and charity organisations raise funds
- Ways to deal with common problems (e.g. a faulty product, or an unsatisfactory service).
These resources are available from the national Consumer Law website.
Other helpful materials for young consumers:
It’s OK to walk away – rap song for Indigenous consumers