The Acting Commissioner for Consumer Affairs is issuing a public warning notice to warn consumers not to deal with a trader by the name of Andrew James Laundy trading as ‘Creative Renovations & Demolitions ‘ and ‘Aj’s Contracting’.
Consumer and Business Services (CBS) have received a number of complaints from consumers within SA who have had dealings with Andrew Laundy.
It is alleged that Andrew Laundy has been contracting with consumers through an online website where consumers can seek quotes from tradespeople . Andrew Laundy has contracted with various consumers to perform building work in the nature of paving, painting, ceiling repairs, fencing, and shed renovations. He has allegedly taken deposits and failed to commence or complete the work . The Acting Commissioner has reasonable cause to suspect that Andrew Laundy:
- has accepted payment for services and has failed to supply all the services within a reasonable time in breach of section 158(7) of the Australian Consumer Law (SA).
- is carrying on a business in South Australia whilst not being licensed under the Building Work Contractors Act 1995 (SA)
The Acting Commissioner is warning the public about the alleged conduct as the Acting Commissioner:
- has reasonable grounds to suspect that the conduct may constitute contraventions of the Australian Consumer Law (SA) and the Building Work Contractors Act 1995 (SA);
- is satisfied that one or more persons have suffered, or is likely to suffer detriment as a result of the alleged conduct; and
- is satisfied that it is in the public interest to issue a public warning notice.
If anyone has concerns about their dealings with Andrew Laundy, ‘Creative Renovations & Demolition’ or ‘Aj’s Contracting’ they should contact CBS on 131 882.
Signed public warning (PDF 57KB)