Go to top of page

If you need immediate help, call the gambling helpline on 1800 858 858 or visit Gambling Help Online

I need help with my gambling

You can ask a gambling provider (the venue) or Consumer and Business Services to bar you from entering an area where gambling takes place. This can include hotels and clubs with gaming machines and the Adelaide Casino.

You can also ask to be barred from gambling activities such as betting on racing and sport and commercial lotteries - eg x lotto, keno and instant scratch tickets.

Visit SA.GOV.AU for more information

I want to help someone with their gambling

If you are a family member or friend of someone who may be at risk of harm - or at risk of harming a family member - due to their gambling, you can request a third party barring order.

This can stop them from gambling or entering a specific area of a venue where gambling takes place. Orders are legally binding and can stop people from:

  • gambling at the casino
  • entering areas in hotels and clubs with gaming machines
  • betting on the races or sport
  • buying commercial lottery tickets.

Visit SA.GOV.AU for more information

Information for licensees

If you are a licensee or staff member and need information about barrings or how to use BOEN, see Barrings (BOEN)