The situation with COVID-19 has presented CBS with unprecedented changes and we thank you for your continued understanding and support.
This page provides information about consumer rights, business obligations and changes in how customer service is being delivered by Consumer and Business Services (CBS).
Face to face enquiries
To ensure the safety of the community, and our staff, face-to-face services at our Customer Service Centre will cease until further notice.
You can still reach us by calling 131 882 from 9am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday.
Changes to services
- Changes to Registry Office appointments and over the counter applications - There are some important changes to appointments and applications at CBS.
- Justices of the Peace have been directed to stop working in the community if they are unwell or fall into a high risk group.
- Information for consumers - Important details about contracts, cancellations and refunds.
Rental and real estate advice
Auctions and open inspections
Real estate auctions and open house inspections can proceed but must:
- be limited to 1 person per 2 square metres and with 1.5m physical distancing
- keep a record of attendees.
Visit the SA COVID-19 website for more information.
To ensure the safety of the community and our staff please:
- use Residential Bonds Online.
- post applications/forms to: GPO Box 965, Adelaide SA 5001
- scan and email signed documents to seniorbondsteam [at] sa.gov.au
- Rental advice due to COVID-19 - A range of answers to common situations arising from the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Information for international students - This information is for students who are unable to travel to South Australia and need to cancel their rental accommodation or change the date of moving in.
- For any advice on commercial tenancies, please contact the Office of the Small Business Commissioner.
- Liquor licence holders and COVID-19 - Important information about initiatives that may impact and support licensees.
- Gaming is now allowed in licensed venues, provided physical distancing requirements are adhered to.
- Changes to barring services - While pubs, clubs, TAB outlets and casinos are closed, you can still bar yourself from accessing online betting platforms and purchasing lottery tickets.
Trading Round cancelled for 23 March - Details about the cancellation of the scheduled trading round.
Information about applying for, updating or renewing your liquor licence or any other queries continues to be available at www.sa.gov.au/liquor and will be updated regularly
Births, Deaths and Marriages
Requests for certificates and other applications must now be made online or by post.
If you wish to collect a certificate, are unable to download a form or if you have a question about our services please call 131 882 between 9am and 4.30pm Monday to Friday.
Licence holders who have been asked to provide a new photograph on renewal will now have additional time to comply. CBS will defer this requirement until the following renewal.
Instructions for providing digital photographs for new licence applications will be available soon.
To lodge hard copy documents, scan and email them to occupational [at] sa.gov.au
- Licensed builders and tradespeople can continue to trade but should be mindful of SA Health advice to business and industry.
- Building contracts - Information about protections in place for those currently building a home
Associations, charities and lotteries
- Charitable Fundraisers - Information about how regulators will monitor compliance for charitable fundraisers during COVID-19.
- Information for Associations - How restrictions on gatherings may impact Annual General Meetings.
- Lottery / Bingo providers have been granted a 6 month extension to provide relevant financial statements.
- Charities have been granted a 6 month extension to provide statements in accordance with the Collections for Charitable Purposes Act.
- JusticeNet's Pro Bono Referral Service can assist charitable and community groups seeking advice.