COVID Marshal Training is now available online at https://www.covid-19.sa.gov.au/recovery/covid-marshals
From 21 August 2020, you must have either a nominated or a dedicated COVID Marshal if your business or activity involves any of the following:
- The onsite purchase and consumption of food or beverages (indoor and outdoor). This does not include take-away only operators.
- Religious or faith-based ceremonies.
- Supermarkets and hardware stores.
- Distribution centres (including associated transport operations).
- Gymnasiums and fitness centres.
- Swimming pools used by the public.
- Social and sporting clubs.
- Any activity where a COVID Management Plan is required.
- Any operation which may be defined by the state coordinator.
If more than 200 people are reasonably expected to participate in the business or operation then you must have a dedicated COVID Marshal. If fewer than 200 people are reasonably expected to participate then you must have a nominated COVID Marshal.
For complete information about the roles and responsibilities of COVID Marshals and training requirements please visit https://www.covid-19.sa.gov.au/recovery/covid-marshals.