Go to top of page
Work & Business Licenses
Media releases
1 February 2019

South Australia’s consumer affairs regulator is now accepting applications for people wishing to become registered property managers.

From September 28 this year, any employees who manage residential or commercial properties on behalf of an agent will need to be registered as a property manager.

Commissioner for Consumer Affairs Dini Soulio said the move was aimed at ensuring greater accountability within the sector, by enforcing minimum training requirements.

“This is designed to give consumers greater confidence that they are dealing with an appropriately qualified property manager, and also give the industry greater certainty that action will be taken if inappropriate conduct is identified,” he said.

Mr Soulio said the requirement for registration would not apply to more informal property management arrangements, such as someone managing their own rental properties or managing a property on behalf of a relative.

CBS is encouraging anyone seeking registration to ensure their application is lodged by August 30 to ensure they are registered in time to comply.

More information is available at https://www.sa.gov.au/topics/business-and-trade/licensing/real-estate/property-managers