By clearly communicating your COVID-19 measures and policies in plain terms, you can better manage customer expectations.
Here are some things to consider.
- Make your booking terms and conditions easy to find and understand. When things change, adapt and honour the terms of the agreement.
- If there are cancellation fees, ensure these are clearly outlined prior to a purchase.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest travel restrictions via COVID-19.sa.gov.au.
- Meet your obligations under Australian Consumer Law and regularly review your terms and conditions.
- Communicate early and keep customers updated if things are likely to change. You can remind them of their options and potentially negotiate a fair outcome for both parties.
The Australian Competition & Consumer Commission website has advice for the travel industry.
The South Australian Tourism Commission website provides information for event organisers and accommodation providers.
Compliance COVID-19 information for workplaces is available from Safe Work Australia.
Access SA Health’s food, hospitality, travel, arts, tourism, events and accommodation guidance information.