By 28 September 2019 all employees of a registered land agent who manage residential or commercial properties must have completed specific property management training and be registered as a property manager with Consumer and Business Services (CBS). The lengthy transition period aims to provide property managers enough time to complete their training before registration becomes mandatory on 28 September 2019. CBS will start receiving applications for property manager registrations from 1 February 2019.
These changes do not affect people who manage their own properties or for friends and relatives.
For more information about the new requirements please visit www.sa.gov.au/realestate
Read more about the property management changes that commenced on 30 April 2018
- Land Agents (Registration of Property Managers and Other Matters) Amendment Act 2017
- Land Agents (Registration of Property Managers) Variation Regulations 2018
- Land Agents (Registration of Property Managers and Other Matters) Amendment Act (Commencement) Proclamation 2018
Previous updates on property manager reforms
- May 2018 – Tenancies Update – Changes for the real estate sector commenced 30 April 2018
- September 2017 update (PDF 90KB)
- February 2017 update (PDF 109KB)