The Commissioner for Consumer Affairs is issuing a public warning notice to warn consumers not to deal with a business by the name of Hildenbrand Roads Pty Ltd who offer “Bitumen sealing and hot mix asphalt” services in South Australia.
It is alleged Hildenbrand Roads Pty Ltd:
- is carrying on business as a building work contractor in South Australia whilst not being licensed under the Building Work Contractor ‘s Act 1995 (“BWC Act”);
- has made unsolicited approaches to consumers and businesses claiming to have bitumen left over from previous jobs and seeking to engage such persons to enter into contracts for laying bitumen; and
- has carried out such work to an unsatisfactory standard.
The Commissioner is warning the public about the alleged conduct as the Commissioner :
- has reasonable grounds to suspect that Hildenbrand Roads Pty Ltd has supplied services in an unsatisfactory manner;
- is satisfied that one or more persons have suffered, or is likely to suffer detriment as a result of the alleged conduct; and
- is satisfied that it is in the public interest to issue a p!Jblic warning notice.
If anyone has concerns about their dealings with Hildenbrand Roads Pty Ltd, they should contact CBS on 131 882.