The Commissioner for Consumer Affairs is issuing a public statement
- to warn consumers about James Trimboli who has acted negligently in the course of conducting his business as an electrical contractor and performed negligent electrical work; and
- to give information to consumers about James Trimboli who acted improperly in the course of conducting his business as an electrical contractor by failing to comply with a written undertaking he provided to the Office of the Technical Regulator.
Disciplinary proceedings were brought against James Trimboli in the District Court on 10 December 2013. The Court found that James Trimboli performed negligent electrical work at several properties between 2009 and 2012 . The electrical work was found to be unsafe and dangerous as it gave rise to an increased risk of electrical shock to persons, an increased risk of damage to property and equipment, an increased risk of fire at the premises and an increased risk of fire spreading .
The District Court made orders that James Trimboli be:
- disqualified from being licensed as an electrical contractor under the Plumbers, Gas Fitters and Electricians Act 1995 (“the Act “)
- disqualified from being registered as an electrical worker under the Act;
- prohibited from being employed or otherwise engaged in the business of an electrical contractor pursuant to s 24(1)(e) of the Act ; and
- prohibited from being a director of a body corporate that is an electrical contractor
- pursuant to s 24(1)(f) of the Act.
All orders apply until further order of the court.
The Commissioner is satisfied that it is in the public interest to make this public statement identifying and warning about the unsatisfactory manner in which James Trimboli has performed electrical work services; and to provide information about matters which may adversely affect people in connection with the acquisition of electrical work services.